HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should Felons own Firearms?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
skin290

Default RE: Should Felons own Firearms?

ORIGINAL: bltrax

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

bltrax, Sounds like you buddy is a slow learner....."he doesn't do anything stupid anymore"........yeah thats a good one. Borrowing a gun being a felon? Define stupid for us.

when i wrote that i didnt relised it was still illegal for him to borrow a gunfor huntingseeing that he could still get a hunting permit. i guess i really didnt know that much about it.i just thought he couldnt buy a gun or own. it didnt dawn on me that a hunting permit could be used for bow and what not. i only gun hunt and dont think to much about the "other" forms of hunting. i guess u could say i had a tard moment.

i just didnt relize thatusing agun with ahunting permitwas as bad as him owning one. i dont have a felony so idont knowthe full"laws or rules"offelonys, just what i hear. but im gonna relay that message next time i see him, maybe he didnt know or care, i dont know, icant make excuses for himbut eather way thats between him and the gun loaner as to what happens. my hands are clean of that situation and i cant control what other people do.
i do still believe thothat gun ownership with felons should still dependon the felony.
I wouldn't care if I was him, and if he has served his time, more power to him, hope he doesn't get "caught"...

"An unjust law is no law at all..."