HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The world of feathers...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The world of feathers...

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I'm REALLY surprised to read this one:

The shop I help out at is a big traditional shop. They all swear by Gateway. We sell some trueflight's as well, but everyone prefers the gateway.
We all know Matt knows his stuff, and I'm not about to argue his personal experience at his own shop... but that's absolutely the first time I've ever heard that... ever. I've heard many, many people claim the exact opposite. I know it's true from my own experience as well: I firmly believe that Tru-Flight offers a much better product out there, both in consistency of bases and in their coloration. Look at a Gateway barred feather, and then look at a Tru-Flight barred feather; there's simply no comparision.
Who knows

I have very limited experience with feathers myself, haven't shot them for 10+ years, or actually worked with them much at all. I steer clear of the trad stuff at the shop, I just hang out with and harass those guys when they are there, I don't work on much of their stuff. My only exposure tofeathers iswhat I see at the shop. I'd trust Greg's experience here much more than mine, he's been using the things forever.........