HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooting some more 330 grainers
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: Shooting some more 330 grainers

Oh how wrong you are on that! After cleaning the barrel, i loaded one up, got stuck 15" down the bore! Spend 10 minutes looking for a way to get it down before i settle on airgun oil, a few drops down the bore, let it down for a minute and i am able to lightly hammer it down the rest of the way. On a clean bore! Typical first shot, way to the right and 8" low. Next shot i figured, lets lube the bullets, Go clean the rifle, lube bullets, first one slides in perfect and gets a little tight at the end, great! Dont have to worry about it sliding out. Fire that, clips my previous first shot, to the right and 8" low as always on #1 clean barrel shot.

Reload #2 on dirty barrel, slide lubed bullet in, Ah F....!!! Gets stuck 15" down the bore again! Lucky on this one i was able to get by with using the non breakable ramrod and slowly tap it down the bore.

No more with these bullets! They are an excellent shooting bullet in this rifle but damn its a work out to get #2 and 3 shots down the bore!

I'll be contacting BS and see what he can mold me. hopefully the soft lead will load better.
Still a fun day. Think i made myself sicker from being outside but hey, cant get a little thing stop you from enjoying the warm weather and having a good time.

When i have BS mold me bullets in getting them around 300+ grain! This thing loves them.