HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need some help....
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need some help....

Gun vise for sure..I am not a flincher or a jerker...I squeeze until the stock and gun knocks the spit out of me. Taking human error out of the picture this gun should be 1.5 to (at most 2 inch groups at 100 yards)

What knowledge do you base this on? You have just started shooting this rifle, presumably, so how do you know it will shoot any better than what it has been doing?

The last box of Remington factory ammo I bought, .22 Hornet, was about the WORST-SHOOTING FACTORY STUFF I've yet tried. On the other hand, I've had some Rem. 7mm Rem. mag. factory loads that shot very well indeed, and that was loaded with Corelockt bullets.

What do you mean by a "vice"?? I hope you are not clamping the rifle into anything that holds it rigidly, because if you do, it will definitely shoot erratically. Use a padded rest for the rifle, so that it can recoil freely. I tried that Caldwell "Lead Sled", and while it tames recoil for sure, the point of impact of a rifle can be quite different when using one of those, vs using a regular sandbag rest!