HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - night hunting for coyotes
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Chadsgna

Default RE: night hunting for coyotes

ORIGINAL: devil dog

You sound like you watch too many hunting vidios from what I read, AND BY THE WAY! I GOT YOUR NUT! you jackass!, evedently you didnt read or understand the guys post I was responding to, so here it is for the reading impared!,he has never hunted them, and he has them comeing in for supper!. If you got them comeing into your back yard already, whats the sence of calling them!, why make them call shy after the first couple of times!, he is talking about shooting them in his back yard! not going all over the county. And some out there have never preditor hunted befor, they probably hadnt thought about critters comeing up behind them, esspesialy cats and bears, dont you think that is some pretty good info!. Im not a professional varmint hunter, never claimed to be, Ive just been doing it for 33 years!.
Ok, you dingle berry! even if they are coming in without a call at first you will kill a few and then they'll catch on to that. I'm giving advice on more than just the here and now (like some other near sighted idiots) I give advice that could benefit more than just one night or one person. I don't care where you shoot them from. if you set up in the same spot every time they will come to expect it. Oh, YOU are the one who brought up the fact of critters coming up from behind them, all I offered was a common sense solution. And I have been at this for more than 40 years not like it matters anyways.

For everone else that may read this:
I don't know where your house is, I don't know the city you live in, I do know how to hunt coyotes (I do it a lot and make a living at it). The primary key with coyotes is to be unpredictable and patient. It doesn't matter what you use (guns, bait, calls, scent, etc...) don't get stuck in a rut and teach the coyotes what you are doing, be unpredictable and keep them guessing. Change your hunting patterns and you will be twice as successful at it. If you are shooting out of your back door to kill a coyote in your back yard, next time try shooting from a window or a side door (give it a try and you'll notice that you catch them off guard), just don't get a routine going or they'll catch on. Oh, and by the way, after you kill the first few and without a call (when they quit coming in) you can thin down the population even more if you will try calling (if you are at home you have time to try to do some calling - it can be lots of fun).