HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i am sick of this
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Chadsgna

Default RE: i am sick of this

I'm interested to find out what all works (I have the same problem on our two sections of land with 4 gates). I like Gingerbears ideas personally.

The only thing that I have been doing that works good when I find an unattended trespassing vehicleis steal either one of the spark plugs (I always have a spark plug wrench in my back pocket for some reason - don't ask, ha ha) or I take the tires (wheel and all - I have a compressor on my truck with pneumatic jack and impact) and leave the truck sitting on rocks. Then I go and call the game warden and tell him where he can pick them up at for trespassing and poaching. Most of the time I get a great big thank you.

From the game warden (ha, ha, ha)

Most of the time he lets me keep the parts I took, he says it compensates me for my trouble. Some times when he doesn't catch them though (he lives several miles away) he goes home. I get out my 22-250 and perch on a spot where I can see the intruder when he comes back to try to retrieve the vehicle and pop off a couple of shots in the general direction (I couldn't ever really kill someone unless they are a mortal threat) usually within a few feet of their location, and they get lost in a hurry. Where I live the law says that anything left on a persons property for a certain ammount of time becomes the land owners (the person on who's property the "thing" was left)property. I usually use it to pay a few bills if the game warden doen't catch themby the time it becomes mine.