HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turkey Broadhead ?

I thought the GG was for head, neck shots!! are you talking body shots with it?? I can see where it would not pass through the body with all the surface area of the blading.
ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: jackflap
This is true, but a DEAD turkey and a DEAD RECOVERED turkey are two different things. Turkeys tend to leave very little if any blood trail and I want something that is going to knock them down and hopefuly leave an arrow in them.
This is very well stated, and I agree fully.

The Gobbler Getter which is mentioned in this thread, is by far the best braodhead for turkeys, imo.
Again, totally agree with you, and will be using a GG for the third year if a broadhead bug doesn't bite me, like it usually does.

If you are serious about killing AND recovering a bird, you need to reduce your bow poundage to the minimum so as to REDUCE penetration and you will therefore need to re-sight anyway.
This is where we disagree, only a little. Last year, on a spring turkey I used a GG. I shot him at 6 STEPS, about 3 yards. I was using a Hoyt Trykon at 72 lbs. The arrow tipped with a GG STUCK into the bird, knocked him down. He ran 5 yards and expired. I do not think you need to reduce your poundage while using a GG, I could be wrong, but I know NOBODY at any poundage that has gotten a COMPLETE pass through. This is why I love the GG.