HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - peeing in the woods
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 AM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pissing in the woods

ORIGINAL: vmartin

WOW, THIS IS AMAZING. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE TESTOSTERONE IN HUMAN PEE CAN ATTRACT A DEER TO A SCRAPE. HERE IS THE TRUTH...A DEER'S DEFENSE IS HIS NOSE, THE BIGGER BUCKS SEEM TO BE SMARTER THAN THE YOUNGER ONES ABOUT THINGS BUT IF YOU THINK THAT IN ANY WAY SPREADING HUMAN SENT IN THE WOODS IS A GOOD THING THEN YOU ARE MISSING A LOT OF THE GOOD ACTION, IF YOU WANT TO PUT TESTOSTERONE ON A SCRAPE THEN BUY A 13 DOLLAR BOTTLE OF BUCK URINE. DEER HATE HUMAN SENT, NOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUT WHEN A BUCK IS TOO CRAZY TO THINK STREIGHT, THEN HE MIGHT SLIP UP.JUST TO BE FAIR, I AM GOING TO GO TO AN AREA THAT I DON'T EVER WANT TO HUNT AND SET UP CAMERAS ON SOME BUCK SCRAPES AND TRY THIS OUT, I WILL PEE ONCE A DAY IN A SPOT FOR A WEEK. I AM 99% SHURE THAT ON DAY 2 I WON'T SEE ANY DEER AT ALL.
Here's pictures showing those deer running from my mock scrape started and later freshened with male human urine.

One thing that I forgot to do was make sure there was a low hanging branch but it seemed to work pretty well even without it.

I made the mock scrape on October 27th.

Here was the first vistor, a doe on the 29th.

Next visitor, a young 9 point. I freshened up the scrape on the 5th. This guy visited on the 6th.

This yearling was there on the 8th.

And this mature buck was there on the 10th. (He had his right main beam broken off within a week of this picture)

I pulled my camera off the scrape after those pictures, but I was pretty impressed at the effectiveness of the scrape. One thing that you might notice though is only the yearling was there during the day, this was effective at getting some pictures of some bucks, but I'm not sure if it would pay off to hunt over a scrape. The 2 larger bucks both visited right around midnight.

Thats my 2 cents. Nathan