HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Deer Feeding Mission in Colorado
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Marko B

Default RE: Massive Deer Feeding Mission in Colorado

ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

You certainly have the right to your beliefs, but they're all just your personal opinion....no facts.
Do you feel that states like NH, Maine and NY are misleading us on purpose with their statements?
If your answer is yes, why?

Specifically why would my state (NH), a state that sets the number of deer allowed to be taken, a state that tells me when I can hunt, where I can hunt, what sex I am allowed to shoot, what weapon I am allowed to use...all these decisions made in the best interest of the deer.

Why would they tell me not to feed the deer if it wasn't in their best interest.
Yeah I really do. It's because that is their hunting preference for their pre-decided department ethics. It's the same reason that some states have antler restrictions. The same reason some states don't allow baiting bears.

I understand their logic behind the argument. Being close does help spread a disease. Baiting makes deer get close. Of course they don't think about all the other times deer come into contact with one another... the fact that they run in 5 or 6 deer doe-fawn groups and up to 6 or 7 buck groups during the summer and are constantly gaining and losing members...

It really doesn't make a hill of beans difference. Deer density is really the major contributing factor, because they are going to get close anyway. (It's going to be easier for someone in New York to catch an illness than someone in rural Iowa even if everyone in the small town eats at the same cafe)