HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Getting your deer out of the woods?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Getting your deer out of the woods?

If there is snow on the ground, then we sled them out. If there is just leaves, then a cart is nice. The best thing is have friends. In the federal it is illegal to take an ATV in there off the roads. Also in Wisconsin the deer must be in tact when we register it. I suppose a person could bone it out like suggested, but then you would have to explain why you did that. You'd still have to haul all parts of the deer out.

I know the problem you are facing. I have shot some far back in the thickets, and when I was a young man, I'd tie a blaze orange rag on them and carry them out. Now, that is out of the question. I just can not lift and carry them deer anymore. Old age does that. Thank goodness for friends. During season we can call each other and we will help track or drag deer out when necessary. The best if when my buddy brings his two boys. I swear them too drag like a draft horse and do it to see which one of them will give out first. They can sure move a deer out of the woods though.