HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heavy or light?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heavy or light?

I gotta say, niether issues a major concern of mine.I like to get in close, 99% of the deer I shoot will be under 30 yrds away, Ive killed a total of 3 deer in 7 years of using an inline that were over 100 yrds away.I also bowhunt about 3 months of the year mostly from ground level and kind of got inthe habit of getting in as close as humanly possible before taking a shot.Im not saying anything bad about longer shots, I regularly practice at much longer distances just in case the need for such a shot comes up.At that range I seldom have issues with energy or trajectory so I find the bickering kind of amusing.

What bullets are they using?? What do you prefer???
The one shooting the heavier bullet I believe shoots a powerbelt, Im not really sure what grain it is, I know he didnt buy the 295 grain ones on sale becuase they were to light.

The others shooting a 165 grain hornady with a sabot.Theyre hollow points

With my knight Im shooting a 245 grain Shockwave and about 80 grains of powder.

My CVa Ive started shooting Nosler trophy grade in 250 grain and about 90 grains of powder.

Its what Ive found to group best in these guns, as far as damageI cant see much difference at the ranges Im shooting.

Just remembered, when I first started this I shot sidelocks and Pyrodex powder, cant remember what grain they were but I was using a very heavy Buffalo Bullet, they consistantly left and exit hole you could almost put your hand in