HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Name your turkey hunting creed
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Name your turkey hunting creed

hard to pick one...

i used to be "run n gun!"

last year, patience killed my double bearder....i KNOW for a fact they roost on that point and come back to it later on after they loose their hens...ive always been a run n gunner...once they leave with hens, i run n gun at that spot trying to strike up a bored n lonely gobbler...paid off a couple times...dad carried one out that way, i had a couple hunts screwed up by others that way....but the last year dad and i hunted there, we noticed the birds ALWAYS came back to that point later on after they lost their hens...

this past spring, i stayed there and talked to the same bird off the rooost all morning....killed him at 8 or 9am....not LATE by any means, but wasnt off the roost, though i talked to him the whole time...he circled around, gobbling to me and chasing Jake birds around that were also talkin to me...i rolled him when he came up over the ridge and looked around and let out a gobble looking for "the hen"

now i dont know....i love runnin n gunnin...nothin like strikin up a hot bird....but patience killed 2 of my longbeards now....

if i had to sum it up for me, my T-shirt says it best...."in the spring i strut. im the fall i rut" love everything inbetween....but struttin n ruttin sums it up good.....