HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Confused? GT Laser II weights?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Hotburn76

Default Confused? GT Laser II weights?

The big brown Santa just brought me my new RCBS scale today. So whats a guy do, starts weighing everything. Now on my GT II's I never weighed one, why do it, you guys give good info. Well I took one out of the quiver with my 100 Grain Tekan on it. Weighed up just the Tekan, 102 Grains, not 100, but who cares. I weigh the shaft and its 298 grains? Now I am confused since I thought the GT where 430 with 100 grain tip. So now I am taking the vanes off to weigh bare shaft with brass front and aluminum rear inserts, 275 grains? Whats up with this? I did a search on a post I made a while back and several of you all gave the same info on the specs and my shaft should weigh 305. Is there a chance I have 80 grain brass inserts instead of 110 grain? Do they make 80 grain ones? I took some hornady bullets out that where close in weight and they check out just fine so I know I am using the scale right, just can not figure this out. A total arrow weight for me with Nap Quick Spins on and a spray paint crest is 402. Any Ideas on this guys? They fly just fine, killed two deer, just not sure what I have now?