HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I bought 4 Moultrie IR40s last month. To my suprise when the pic was taken there were more deer looking at the cam than my cams with the flash. One evening I walked by the cam and discovered that all the IR lights turned red for at least 2-3 seconds while the camera took the pic. It totally defeated the purpose of not having a flash.
When you by infrared Dan thats what you get. Them little red lights gather the light for the pic at night. And when you take videos them little red lights are on for what ever length you have the video mode set for. These deer spoke more from the sound of my cuddebacks then the little red lights I think. Either way they get spooked from either camera in one way or another. I use the no flash cuddes, I feel better about it.