HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC Black Diamond
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TC Black Diamond

That was from my Black Diamond XR which is scoped by the way, with a 1.5-4.5x32mm Bushnell Dusk to Dawn Scope. I was sighing it in. The first shot was high, I had one flier, and the rest behaved real well. Granted this is only 50 yards off a bench rest.

That was shooting my Black Diamond XR with some No Excuse Conicals. I note on the target that it was 100 yards. Well after I got my Bushnell Yardage Pro range finder, I learned it was only 88 yards. So if that made a difference, I am a lousy pace walker. This was during deer season. It was cold and wet out. I had taped a 3x5 inch colored index card to a box as a target and just X'd the corners with a magic marker. I was shooting off some shooting sticks. The small hole to the far right was from a 375 grain Buffalo Bullet SSB. I had been field hunting earlier and was going to head to a honey hole in a thicket so I wanted to change over to some 460 grain Conical bullets that I thought would be a better choice in the thickets. I decided to double check the load.

Good luck with your rifle. I will be looking for your future posts..