HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HNI Hunting Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
AF Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default HNI Hunting Swap

Alright folks, y'all remember I rana contest for S & G's for a hunt here in Iowa and Vikesfan353 won. He's coming to the back country of Iowa this year for the first week in November to hunt white tails. I thought about it some more and the people on this forum seem to be a good bunch, so I want to promote more hunters getting together and meeting some others that they normally would not. So here is my thought....

I will let someone else hunt the second week in November this year if that person offers to help someone else (they currently have not met & not from their state) on a hunt. Here in Iowa it would be pretty much be limited to turkey or deer, but there are quite a few other game animals out there to be hunted by bow.

How I think it would go is - I let someone hunt deer here and they in turn take someone elk hunting in their state. That person takes someone else bear hunting. That person takes someone wild boar hunting. While that all goes on, people who often converse on here get to meet and oh crap, your Christmas card list just grew by one! Tags, transportation, and boarding would be at the expense of the person hunting each time, not the "guide".

To protect this and limit it to those who really want to do some good and make new friends, hopefully there is an attorney out there who can write up a contract w/penalty if someone takes advantage of this and fails to follow up on their end to prevent someone getting without giving.

To be eligible for this Swap, all you have to do is post that you are interested in deer hunting here the 2nd week of November and what hunt you are willing to help with in your own state. OnApril 1st, since application date is May 5th, I would do a random draw for the hunter to be picked to hunt here.

If for any reason the administrators of this forum find this idea in bad taste or not legal for any reason, please let me know and I will withdraw this offer.

Any takers?