HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GOOD LUCK De Gunners....
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2002, 06:48 AM
Coolerpup
Fork Horn

Default RE: GOOD LUCK De Gunners....

Got out and situated in my stand at 6am. The snot was flowing....pretty cold, but hung in there. Didnt see or hear anything. Got out about 10am to head over to Georgetown to hunt a field with a couple friends. On the drive over it started snowing but stopped just as fast as it started.
Picked up one buddy and headed on over. Got out and into my stand by 1pm. Light snow started then the skies opened up. Couldnt see 5o yds out into the field for the snow coming down...awesome sight. Snow slowly turned to sleet by 2pm. Could finally see out into the field and for a good ways into the woods. Then came the FREEZING RAIN and 20mph winds. Stayed up in the stand till 330...soaked to the bone, with a list of clothing purchases in my head for the next time. I walked the field up to my other buddies stand. Now I had my climber, cause I was a guest on this land. My buddy is sorta a "permanant resident" on this land, so he had the luxury of hunting out of his box stand, with a tree umbrella and portable heater.......he was nice and cozy.
I dropped back into the woods, cause Tom said " the deer are out here right at dark" so I figured I could sit down somewhere in some Laurels close to the field and have a great view of the field and woods....NOT.
I couldnt take it any longer, so I was the first wimp back to the truck by 430. But by 435 my other buddy that came with me, appeared out of the woods to see if I was out, so i flashed my parklights at him, and he practicly ran accross the field to get into the nice warm truck.
So to say the least....saw 0 Deer, plenty of snow and rain, and ya know I cant wait till next weekend. My wife things Im crazy......she just might be right.

AllenC