HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Fusions
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Federal Fusions

All I can say is they are pretty darn accurate in any rifle I have shot them in. Have not had a chance to use them on deer.

I tried them last yearinmy .270 wsm and lost 2 deerdue to the lack of expansion...Those bullets were just popping right through the deer...Both hit behind the front shoulder angling forward slightly...No blood trails to speak of either...I switched ammo and every deer has dropped since...Stay away from the Fusions and stay with the Core-Lokts...Much better bullet.

I hit a 160 lb buck with a powerpoint out of a 7 wsm 150 gr powerpoint at about 30 yards and the deer acted unhurt. Tiny bit of blood and after a 1/4 mile walk found him ..his internals were shredded . I killed a doe last year(120 lbs) at 60 yds with a 270 WSM (130 grain ballistic tip) and she was DRT. I would imagine the fusion would ball up and have less bullet shank then an TSX or other controlled expansion bullets but it would unleash a lot of shock to the internal organs..Those deer died if you hit them where you said you did. You might have also hit them below the spine and not really nailed any vital organs which would explain the small or non existent blood trail.