HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for new ml hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Suggestions for new ml hunter

Underclocked

Just to relate a story to you... I ordered 2 GM-LRH barrels in White from GM several years ago. Both barrels were 32" inches long, much longer thanI wanted but the price $20.00 each was so right I could not resist getting them. I took them to a local gun smith here the area that was a very accomplished competition rifle builder. I asked him to cut them down to standard TC Hawken length. I couple of days later he called and asked what kind of crown I wanted on the end of the barrels... I had no ideal, so he suggested a target crown and then he asked if I wanted a false muzzle as it made them easier to load and and they were more accurate than a standard crown. Well, I am all over the more accurate thought but had know idea what I wanted so I said put one of each on the two barrels...

I guess you would call it a QLA - but what ever it was it was accurate... so if they are done correctly they do work, because it shoots BullShops very well, and I am sure better if there was a better shooter than I behind the stock.