HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
badboybuggieman

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

ORIGINAL: john.maurin

BBQ Boy, the "shroud" is the black, plastic cover under the front of the buggy that is suspended just above the front motor to protect it from excessive exposure to water.

Mine was broken the first weekend from driving over saplings to hang a few loc-ons in some creek bottoms. And from time to time we drive our ATV's into thick brush to avoid having to drag game by hand so I know I will continue to drive over things like this. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to fabricate an entireskid plate for the front or just put a bar that extends further down from the existing brush guard. Whatever it is, it's gonna be bolted on so that I can remove it if neccessary for maintenance, etc.
As a dealer, I never like to hear from customers who have had bad experiences. Back during September and October production in Natchez fell behind demand and as a result, quality control wasn't what it should have been. At my dealership we had several buggies that got delivered with minor problems and in many cases it was very simple things. Bad Boy has since improved quality control and we as a dealernow spend about an hour with each buggie we get going over all the connections as well as a thorough inspection. Since then the customer concerns have come way way down. I went back and read your initial post and can relate on the headlight deal as well as the charging problem. Something you said did bother me. The first weekend you experienced range problems. Someone should have explained to you that it usually takes 10-12 charging cycles to achieve your maximum range. During the break in period for the new batteries, you will not see the 30 miles or so, but by now your range should be much better. If it is not, you may have a bad cable or perhaps a loose connection that is not allowing one or more of your batteries to accept a full charge. As far as the front motor cover, I wouldn't spend too much time or money fabricating anything, its a $12.00 part so it is inexpensive to replace. I did have one customer who fabricated one out of "diamond" plate aluminum (like a toolbox) and painted it black. It looked really good, he attached it to the bottom of the winch rollers as well as where the oem part bolted on.

Just pm me if I can help you. I'm probably closer to your camp than Metarie anyway, but it is important to me that you are satisfied with your buggie. Many times its the ones that have these problems in the beginning that wind up being the best once the "bugs" are worked out.