HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5-Official Team Rut Hounds Thread

ORIGINAL: TJF

The season is over for me. Even had a big buck rub it in tonight. He didn't come in till dark when I was leaving. Wind wasn't right to stalk him before dark. Sat and watched him for 45 minutes trying to " will " him in but no cigar. LOL

Yesterday I pulled a stellar stalk on a doe. Got to 20 yards but no shot at her vitals. She turned and headed into the cattails and ended the game.

It was a good but stressful season. Seen quite a fewbig bucks but just couldn't get them in bow range. Deer Movement was very good but were tough to pattern as they were constantly changing how they moved through an area. Wind was constantly switching. That one made it the toughest with tonight being no exception. [:@]

Funny how you have to aboutbeat the1.5 - 3.5 year oldbucksoff with a stick but can't get a shot at a big buck. [&:] Some day I hope to get good at it. This wasn't the year though !! []

Tim
Well, you put a lot of time and effort in bud, sorry to hear you didnt get a shot at one of the big boys. Its part of passing on the young bucks..and to do it 100% off the ground andlet the 3.5's walk can be a tough thing to do...Wish I could have been there with you a couple weeks ago... Good luck picking up all the bone this winter and spring!