HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast
Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
wabi
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Middleton - On the horizon and starting to rise fast

At least Derrick will talk to someone without looking down his nose at them.
Ever talk to Bill Troubridge?
When I first started shooting Excaliburs I got a bit careless and stripped a screw head. I called Excalibur and Bill Troubridge answered the phone. I told him I had stripped a screw head by putting too much force on it and asked if I could buy a replacement. He told me NO, I could not BUY a replacement, he would send me a set at no charge!
I had a nice chat with Bill and found he is a hunter first, and a crossbow manufacturer because of his love to hunt and the need for a dependable hunting crossbow.

I have talked to Bill Troubridge and he is a very nice person. He spent years developing a good, dependable hunting crossbow and now that his simple recurve design is gathering a large following it seem like everyone else wants to produce a recurve crossbow and get a share of the market Bill developed.
As for me, I'll stick with Excalibur! Their prices are some of the most reasonable you can find, their customer service is second to none, and they've been in the business for 25 years, so they'll probably still be around if you do need warranty repairs! Why own a look-alike, when you can own the original recurve hunting crossbow?