HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
treehunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: 38 - Official Team Rack Em Up Thread

I killed the long brow tine 8 pointer thursday. That should add another 102 points to the board. It was a super cold day during the peak of the rut. I was getting overrun with deer. I got out there about 6:30 and within 5 minutes had does everywhere. None of them must have been hot because there was no bucks. About 6:45 I had a doe and her fawn working up the field toward me. She took about 30 minutes to get to where I was. Then out of the woods this 8 pointer came running at here pushing her all over the field. I didnt think i was going to get him stopped to get a shot. I pretty much yelled at him at the top of my lungs to get his attention. Finally he stopped and gave me a perfect shot. He ran about 60 yards and dropped. It was awesome. It was 10 degrees outside but I never once got cold. There was so much action I could have wore shorts and a t-shirt and stayed warm. Anyways, I have to figure out how to downsize the pictures to post them. If I cant figure it out, maybe i could email them to someone. Thanks.