HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with Remington
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
BiggT

Default RE: Disappointed with Remington

Everything about Remington is going downhill. I have a relative who has workedat the Ilion plantfor 24 years. They have seen guns in and out the gates for many years. But NEVER as many coming back as has been the norm the last 7-8 years, and last year he said was unbelievable. Here are some examples..... stocks breaking and cracking (yes this includes synthetic), sights falling off, extractors breaking off, extractors NOT ON gun when bought, bolts malfunctioning, bolt handle welds breaking loose from the bolt, vent rib welds coming apart. These are just a few examples. Quality and control SUCKS !!!!!! I myself am a Remington guy. I own many any probably will own more, but over the years the quality of a Remington product that we remember from years ago just is not there anymore. And now that Remington has bought Marlin, can we axpect the quality of of those to diminish also? The parent company that owns Remington now seems only interested in making money, not putting out the quality product we are all used to in the past. I do realize that all things have the potential to break and malfunction and these things probably happen to other companies weapons also. But this question was about Remington.