HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger or Savage hunting rifle
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
The Rifleman

Default RE: Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

It wasn't ment to be offensive.

It was ment to make you think about it.

My sister and brother in law are divorced.

My brother in law owned lot's of guns and even had a few of them customized and even bought a high priced Weatherby with a Leupold scope that cost more than my first car.

My sister, at that time, was driving a 1998 Ford Taurus - 45 miles a day to work, that had over 100,000 miles on it and was giving her problems.

My brother in law went on his hunting trips and bought the guns that he wanted and my sister paid the bills at the house out of her meager paycheck.

My brother in law, had a newer Jeep and his place of employment was 300 yards down the road from their house.

You would think that they would have gotten a house that was somewhere in the middle between the two jobs and been able to make it easier on my sister, since she was the bread winner.

So bragging that you have 8 guns doesn't impress me.
I have 15, I also live alone and don't have any kids to speak of.

Sometimes you have to do things to keep peace in the family and not just think about yourself.

Income tax return time is coming around and lot's of people will be walking around looking at guns - acting likelike J. D. Rockefellerfor a week or two until the money is spent.