HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 03:20 PM
The Rifleman

Default RE: What would you do?

Let's look at it like this.

In Pennsylvania, it is ILLEGAL to hunt over bait!

That person was not sinceer about hunting, all he wanted was an easy deer.

If it was legal to be there - it would not have been a problem.
If he had permission to be there, he wouldn't have ran when he seen you coming. The fact that he did run and he left his stuff tells me that he didn't want to get caught. The other half of the story was - was there posted signs on the property lines?

If the land is posted to keep other people out, then he was tresspassing and should be turned in - to keep others from doing the same.

If the land was free to hunt, then it shouldn't have been a problem - because he was not damaging the trees and if it was legal to hunt over a feeder - then he was ok.

If it was my stand and my feeder and I was not doing anything wrong. I would have went back to the woods as soon as you left and got help and got my stuff out of there. The stand was no perminent - so it walked out with him.

The feeder he could have dumped and gotten out just as easily.

For all you know, it could have been one of his neighbors - that had permission to use the property, but not to poach deer. You take the stand and now you will cause hard feelings.

For all you know, that person knows you and if his stand comes up missing, he will come to your house and you will have more damage to your property than what the feeder and treestand is worth!

It sounds more like something that the landowner or the State Police or the Game Warden should be taking a look at and not done by you - which will only get you in trouble.