HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Already Itching for Spring Gobblers!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default Already Itching for Spring Gobblers!

Bow season for deer isn't even over yet, but I found myself checking out turkey hunting stuff and even picking up a call the other day. This afternoon I started talking to someone about spring hunting and ran thru last season with him. Someone else popped into my office to "discuss" her boss, and she mentioned the area she lived in. I immediately asked about how much land she owned Not enough to hunt, but I am finding myself getting psyched for the season. Maybe its that the last few days here have been kinda warm??? Anyway, I'm still hoping to get out bow hunting another time or two before the end of January, but I'm definitely getting pumped about spring gobbler hunting already! Also today, I told mybuddy who just bought an SBE II that I would buy his mossberg 835 off him. He used it lightly for 2 seasons, and I bet I was with him every time he had it in the field, or on the range for that matter. He did buy a rifled slug barrel for it with a Nikon scope, he has a Simms recoil pad on it, and had the rifled barrel dipped. I know he has a decent aftermarket turkey choke too, he wants 400 for the whole package. I know the scope itself cost over 100, and I'm sure the barrel cost some bucks too, but I'm just tired of lugging my 28" 870 thru the turkey woods (but I still LOVE that gun ) So, when are sign-ups for the Spring Turkey Contest?? (oh, and I'd be happy to help with the contest in any way I can btw, just lemme know what I can do!)