HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened
Old 12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Nemont
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP!!! - Archery in Montana Threatened

You may want to give out complete information before running off at the mouth. I know you are tight with an Outfitter so your view is pretty highly tainted an self serving. The fact is that it will not affect the overal number of NR Outfitter sponsored licenses in the State nor will it reduce the number of NRtags available to the DIY hunters.

The proposal is to address the amount of archery hunter pressure on the Missouri River Breaks elk heard and to reduce crowding. Outfitters have only themselves to blame for the current situation. I have no issue with Outfitters other then they did not keep the promises made to the resident hunters when they recieved the benefit of guaranteed Outfitter Sponsored Licenses.

You are blowing a huge smoke cloud and mixing issues where there are none. Montanan's have every right to reduce, increase or eliminate tags and licenses as they see fit. As long as we follow our rules that is the way it is. I am sorry for your precieve loss of hunting oppotunity but it is not your right as you indicated earlier.

If you wish to have the same privileges as a resident in our state then move here.

Nemont