HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review
Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
john.maurin

Default RE: Just bought the Bad Boy Buggie: My review

OK, persepective from someone who was and still is really sold on the idea of the BBB.

I purchased mine at the end of September and took it up the very next week to our camp near Jackson, MS for our fall planting. It does have its limits as I found that first weekend. Riding around all day long is not what it's made for. Other than the limited range I had no problems that first weekend. Two weeks later as I'm going out for an afternoon bowhunt it starts to go on its own even after I let off the accelerator which was a little hairy. I was able to make it to my stand having to turn the key off to get it to stop. On the way back to the camp after the hunt it was doing the same thing and then the lights went out so I had no choice but to turn it off and walk the rest of the way. So that weekend I cut my hunting a day short so that I could haul this thing back to my dealer 180 miles away only to find out that I needed to turn around and haul it another 2 1/2 hours to Natchez. I picked it up a week later from Natchez and brought itback to Jackson where it seemed to be working fine. I plugged it in to charge that night and the next morning when I went to use it...the battery level indicator was flashing that the batteries were dead! I figured it was the charger, cut another weekend short, drove back to my dealer, picked up another charger. Went back the next weekend, plugged it in that night, the next morning...the same thing! Furious was not the word I would use that morning. I cut another weekend short, hauled the cart back again, this time 180 miles to Metairie, LA and let them deal with it. I get a call on Monday telling me that when they serviced it at the factory in Natchez they never reconnected the battery cable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hauled it back to Jackson 2 weeks later where it worked without incident for the next two weekends.At this point I was very skeptical of the quality control at BBB to say the least. So the weekend before Christmas I go up and plug the buggy in. The next morning...no headlights!!!!!!!!! I had to drive to the stand holding my flashlight the whole way. The whole ride I'm thinking..."this is what I get for $9700!" I decided to let my dealer enjoy his Christmas holiday before I gave him the news. I strapped two flashlights to the front rack and that sufficed for this past weekend. I cut another weekend short to bring the buggy back to Metairie again this past Saturday. I hope I just got a lemon but I really think it's part design, part quality of parts used and a large part lack of quality control that caused my issues. Also, lugging this buggy around is not easy on a standard 1/2 ton pickup. I drive a Titan and it handles it fine but I'm sure if I have to haul this thing so much for the rest of the time I own it, it will cause wear and tear on my truck. I don't think I should have this much trouble after only 3 months of ownership.

When my buggy has worked, it has provided me with just what I thought I was buying, a good, silent, scent-freemeans of hunting transportation. I just want people to know both sides before they invest what is a significant amount of money to most people.

Oh, and I am very interested in these rubber washers installed beneath the springs to smooth the ride some because it can be harsh! Independent front and rear suspension would make these buggies so much better!