HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Baiting Vs. Food Plots"
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:02 AM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Baiting Vs. Food Plots"

I don't much care one way or the other.The food plot argument about the effort expended and the expense and the over all benefit to the herd is sound.I am sure the intent was to draw deer,to keep them on the food plot owners property,to grow bigger bucks to provide better nutrition for the entire herd.
I would guess that most food plots are created with the intention and hope of killing deer off of them or in the surrounding land next to them.With proper food plot design the deers entrance in to them and exit from them can be very predictable.Even without design consideration a couple of evenings in an elevated stand with a pair of binoculars or walking inside the edge of the entire food plot should make stand positioning fairly simple.
The benefit of food plots fars exceeds hunting season baiting,but Idon't hold all food plotters to be virtuous.They do it to make their hunting properties better,they draw deer for miles and then the food plotters get angry when other hunters hunt near the edges of their property.
Food plots are in most instances far better for the deer than baiting but they are not without their flaws as it relates to the every day hunter.