HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn him in?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 06:07 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

I have a question Jeff. Let's say you and your wife went over to a couple of friends house for a nice dinner. You had a couple adult beverages with your meal and decided you were okay to drive home. As you leave your friend's house he picks up the phone and calls the police. He gives them a description of your car and tells them that you have been drinking. You get pulled over and get you a DUI. I mean after all, you are breaking the law you deserve to get caught, right? Did your friend do the right thing?
If a friend of mine asked me not to drive.....because they thought I was too intoxicated (i.e. over the legal limit).....I'd either call a cab.....stay there....or have someone drive me home. Thing is....part of being a responsible drinker is knowing your limit and staying below that. I deal with this (as do most responsible adults) all the time.

If a friend of mine tries to drive when I know it's not a good idea.....we're going to have issues. If it persists.....we're not friends. I don't know about you.....but we make arrangements when we're drinking. Lisa and I decide who's driving before we leave the house.....and plan, accordingly. We stayed with my brother on this past Saturday night for this reason. We've already made hotel arrangements for new year's eve.