HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn him in?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Dr Andy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

I haven't been doing this long enough to really decide what to do. i suppose it might make a difference if I had my own land. Last year I got accused of baiting during the WI archery season. Long story.
My best friend, has permission to gun hunt on my property. He brings along another guy who insists on putting out broken Pumpkins in front of their Ground blinds/stands, (I'm at home,not there) They get busted, his buddy immediatly gives me up (I haven't done a thing or been there in 2 weeks). I get a call from the CO, (really nice guy). Apparently he knows me and has been watching me,saying every time I leave on a Sunday, he comes by on Monday and there are apples under my stand. Well not placed there by me! Long story short, nobody gets a ticket incl. the farmers BIL who has a mineral lick well known to the CO. Everyone gets off w/o any tickets.
The next year I see the farmer has a manure retention pond (cement) built. Says the DNR made him put it in. You think the falls run in had anything to do with it? The CO obviously cought the bigger fish and the bigger violation!