HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn him in?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 AM
SevenMag

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

taking someone elses example, what if the guy IS feeding his family out of this, he's breakin the law, you're gonna deny his family of food???
If he's a friend, why would you let him get so desperate for food that he's forced to go out and poach? Why aren't you and hisother friendshelping him out? Letting a friend and his family starve just proves eitherthat you do not really a consider him a friend,or that you've got morality issues.
i guess you've never heard of someone's pride before huh?? in many respects, I'd be the same way, I'd find another way to feed my family before asking for help... some times friends don't know what's goin on...

We had apoll on here a whileback about breakinggame laws and would you do it. It ran about the same way this one is going, with a pretty healthy majority saying they already do, or would in 'special circumstances'. Just like the 'special circumstances' excuses being made here. I lost a lot of respect for a great manypeople on this forum over that one. This poll is just reinforcing the result of that one.

But talk about hypocrites! Griping about others' ethics shortcomings while you go around talking and acting likeour game lawsare optional? Grey area my hind end!
hey now, I stick to the game laws, that is my conscious choice... but I'm not a judge and jury and I'm not judging someone elses morals about the situation... all I've maintained throughout this whole thing is that my friends are more important to me than a few deer, plain and simple, if a few deer are more important, well, you're the one that has to live with that and it is my opinion that that is a backwards priority... I'm not a game warden or DNR officer, it is not my job nor is it my responsibility to make these calls, to a friend, I'd mention it to them myself, they'd either get on board and follow the rules or they would be offended that I called 'em on it, they'd either end the friendship or not...

and another thing, i'm not by ANY stretch saying our game laws are optional, nowhere has that even been hinted at... the grey area lies in what each individual person would do about it...