HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn him in?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:54 AM
SevenMag

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

To those who have a strong stance on this topic, my question is how many hunters do you hang out with or know just as an acquaintancesthat you consider to be "poachers" or "game law breakers"? Reason I ask is that it's easy to answer the question with a knee-jerk response - "Heck yeah I'd turn them in" - if you don't know anyone first hand who might be involved in questionable activities.
I agree with this SS Hunter... many people on the 'net tend to get very self-righteous when it isn't about them or someone they know... I've run into several poachers and game law breakers by nature of hangin out at my uncles gun shop in AL, you say somethin about it and they get all indignant about it like poaching is their "right", well, guess what, they aren't friends and I don't make it a point to associate with them... and as I've mentioned on other threads, these are the same guys that if they find out who turned 'em in have no qualms about saying stuff like "well, i guess I'll just go light a match..."