HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you turn him in?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 03:26 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

This isn't always a yes or no question........

My answer would depend on the violation. The guys who shoot 9 bucks when two are legal.... no question about it. They're turned in. Period.

I DO get irritated when I hear the "feed the family" crap. In this day and age, there are too many safety valves for those in financial distress. Would it be OKif a guy broke into your home or car and stole money and went to the grocery store with the money? I really love it when I see a guy leaned over the bar after being there for hours telling how he had to kill a few deer illegally"to feed the family"while he spends enough at the bar that day on beer and the poker machine to feed a family for a week[:'(]

Now, there's a lot of situations where I wouldn't do a thing. Mostly the violations where the land, landowners,the game, and fellow hunters arent harmed.Things like not wearing orange when on private property, hunting a few minutes after hours on a bright clear day, putting down any severly woundedanimal that doesnt happen to be in season. Tresspassing strictly to recover a deer before it spoils when the owner is unreachable for permision.