HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Argintine Mauser?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 PM
brush buster
Fork Horn

Default RE: Argintine Mauser?

yes it is what I call a 7.625 argentine mauser because I have one, a guy told me , at a sporting goods store I won't mention that it was a 7.62 x 54 no no these are a very specific caliber. the 7.62x54 rounds I fired went crazy spiraled and whacko the primer actually mushroomed i fired four rounds and went back to show my friend he said do not fire any more I went and got norma argentine 7.65 round and did alot of online searching. and actually talked to a guy from argentine he said the rifles were why they lost the war with the british kinda a cheaply made gun and I found prices up to $165.00 on some gun auctions online. the 7 mm round made by mauser came in alot of odd combos which made the case a different length if i remember correctly the 65 ment the diameter or length of the case and this was because the belgiums and germans and any other nieghboring country did not want there enemy to be able to take the rifle and use there ammo in it or vise versa take the dead guys ammo or weapon and be able to use it. I also think this was a nato round in fmj at one time could be wrong on that