HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - summit stand failure(pics added page 2)
Old 12-26-2007, 09:35 PM
moose1915
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: summit stand failure

ORIGINAL: Talondale

What I don't understand is why you would leave a climbing stand in the same tree for the whole season. Isn't a climber designed for mobile use? If I was going to hunt the same tree over and over I'd want climbing sticks and a hang-on. Faster to get up and if I drop something I don't have to work the climber back down or go fishing for it. Why pay $200 for a light portable stand and then treat it like a $30 hangon? Just asking. Totally unrelated to the topic but it struck me as odd.
well, it is kinda wierd i guess. but i HATE lock on stands, and i feel VERY safe and secure in my summits... also, i know i could remove steps or ladder sections, but people in this area have about 0 respect for other peoples stands, so when i lock my climbers to the bottom of the tree it deters them from using my stands.

i'd love to have a ladder stand , but clowns would use it while i was in another spot. that would just annoy me.

thanks,
moose