HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - O/U shotguns 1000-2000 dollar range
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 10:25 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: O/U shotguns 1000-2000 dollar range

Just unloaded a Silver Pigeon S 20 gauge that was 2 1/2 years old. Gun looked great new but after very light use I notice the stock finish getting a purple haze effect and the finish on an incidental bump just chipped off 1/2" away from the toe on the buttstock .The nitride finish under the foreend latchstarting to turn black. I wish they wouldn't use that crap and just do it the old fashioned way with silver. I think they make the shallowest receiver gun which is a plus and they have a very strong action and a nice trigger. Red Labels I have owned I have been more then very happy with ..I believe they have a spring in the foreend that facilitates them opening faster then an equivalent shotgun. I really like my 28 gauge Red Label, it is all that it is advertised to be and is my quail/grouse gun. I know a dealer that has a pretty good deal going on Citoris/Weatherby Orions/Berettas and since I'll be in his area later next month I want to make sure I am choosing the right one. I also notice that CDNN has a bunch of Citoris and Winchester O/U's for sale as well as a number of Rugers.rf