HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are Kimber Rifles IT.
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Are Kimber Rifles IT.

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Well, I have 3-5 posters on here who has shot that sako75. And everyone of them have commented how loose the bolt is. Ask Charlie, (mossyoak33) or Joe, (harley98). I have no issues with the sloppy bolt. I have the gun shooting excellent out to 300 yards and beyond. Cold bore POI, is right there with the rest of the groups. Trigger is great. Stock leaves alot to be desired. I have been meaning to replace but have worked on several other guns. So overall, I have no complaints about the gun. Just mentioning the bolt play.
Ever hear of these accuracy gunsmiths that bush the bolt on a Remington to get the last bit of accuracy out of it? Have you ever heard of anyone doing that to a Sako ? Have you ever seen the play on a Mauser or a pre64 Model 70 ? Knowing what I know now I doubt I ever sell another of my rifles or shotguns to anyone on any board.
Sakos are a rarity to build a custom off of. But the 700's used on majority of customs these days. So it makes sense. Oh, yea, my gunsmith makes almost 80% of his varmit gun on WWII mausers. He loves em, and yes, he has to put some effort into. But it really depends on the age of the mauser. You get the ones at the beginning of WWII, they were great, but I owned a few K98's made towards the end of WWII, and you had do alot of work on them. But you have to realize the history of building mausers during that era. I mean you ought to see how little steel they used at the end. And stamped bottom metal.