HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?
Old 12-22-2007, 03:52 PM
peakrut
Bartender

Default RE: Which Do You Prefer Scent Lock or Scent Blocker?

Same here Rob

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I always get a kick out of guys who say "Hunt the Wind" and you don't need it. Scent is an all or nothing thing. I control mine by any and all means I can and if you don't you might as well not even bother doing anything. I have yet figured out how to be able to keep all the Deer upwind from me. Rattling, calling, decoy setups, etc. Deer invariably will end up downwind at some point. You better hope you have an edge or 2 or that hunt is busted. I watched hundreds of deer from my Treestand/Blind this year hunting IL. and NE. I was only winded a couple of times and never was it to where the Deer just blew out, rather they knew something wasn't right and moved off. I always setup with the wind to my advantage as best I can but I had many deer end up down wind of me anyway. It did not cost me this year. That's why I believe in a strict scent control regimen, which in my case does include scent blocker.

Dan