HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:44 AM
shawnfogelman
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: shawnfogelman

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d
I'd rather talk to you guys who are out there battling the same things I face. Finding land, scouting, passing immature bucks, balancing life with hunting time..etc. I can benefit from your expiriences.
Thats right!!! Just like any other business in this world, hunting has sky rocketed in the past few years in popularity... Do you remember Harley Davidson motorcycles when you could buy a new Custom Softail for $13,000.00...?
I rode long before that. I was saying when they were 13,000 remember when they were 6,000.

Harleys haven't been the same since theyare no longer a dirty word. Harleys were at one time the wild horse that roamed the open range. Money was not the issue in riding one. Mine never had a saddle. Rode it bare back, leather saddle bags and a bed roll.

It was a time when a guy if he wanted in was required to do things, things that... One was if a guy got some new pants they couldn't be worn until all had baptized them with their golden water while they laid in the dirt. That was one of the milder things. A guy on a Harley scared the crap out of people. They were for the guy who didn't fit with all the "beautiful people". There's an old saying about dressing up a pig, still a pig. For some reason it become fashionable for the beautiful people to dress up as hogs.

I think that's the point the author of this thread is trying to make. The mountain man was at one time the outcast; he didn't fit in with the beautiful people. These days the beautiful people parade themselves around as mountain men. They've taken away from the outcast the only thing they really have, his individuality; He can’t afford it. Being push out of his hovel. Kind of like the tax man and bankers used to do to poor farmers.
I understood his very point. As I understand yours as well. I used the $13,000 as just an example. I too remember the $6000. But the majority of people on this site are younger..., ie... they don't know what an 8-Track is...he-he (Showing some age now huh...)