HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 AM
WestVirginiaBrent
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

ORIGINAL: truehitter

if that deer went 250+ lbs i'll eat my bow
The picture is just of it's head, none of the deer pics I have shown were claimed by me to be 250+ lbs.

The top 8 I posted was ~200 lbs live weight, it had a 19 inch neck, a 7 x 19 form, the2 eight'sin the pic below it were about 165 live weight (120 dressed and verified with a scale). The 8 point head I posted's neck was easily 23 inches and it's body, even decomposing, was the largest deer I have seen back there ever. I didn't take pics of the entire deer because I was tired as hell from dragging a 6 point 400 yards, walking back up the mountain to retrieve my ATV, and then going down the most dangerous trail I have ever ridden. Believe me, that buck was topping the scale anywhere from 225-250 on the hoof. Don't let the small spread fool you, I've never seen anything back there with over a 16" spread.

So send me your address and I'll send you some hot sauce to make that bow go down a little easier. [8D]