HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
in da woods

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

As for the pros, yeah, I've met a few @ the deer/turkey expo. They were always willing to talk as long as u wanted to buy a video/book. As for the hunting gear, you have to admit that with some of the things out there, you can get a little closer to the deer, your bow may shoot a little quieter, hence the deer not jumping the string. Like everything else in life, all those things have there place. With the videos, a bunch of us often watch them for entertainment value. I'd love to see on of those prostaffers come & hunt on the public land I hunt w/no guides, no food plots, & lots of other hunters to compete with. If they could shoot one of those 30pt monsters, there, then I'd be impressed. You have a much higher success rate on private land than on public. As for the trophy oportunities, I'm not saying that you won't shoot a big buck, but they are rare. Will I stop buying the gimmicks, heck no, ther'e fun to play around with. Yes the industry has driven up the price of hunting. Guided hunts are out of my reach all together. As for land purchases, forget it. I was just hunting a small parcel of land. 40acres. 10woods, 30 tillable w/a house & garage. Nothing fancy, farmhouse. Asking price $1.5mill. It sold last week. The average acre runs for about 25-35k. So I'll just get my popcorn, sit back & be entertained here.