HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ammo prices...Yikes
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 08:57 AM
The Famous Grouse
Spike

Default RE: Ammo prices...Yikes

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift
One angle to consider is that ammo keeps pretty well, and probably will never get cheaper. Buy or load a lifetime supply, and sit there and smile while everyone else bitches.
Sadly, I have to agree. I think it's like the price of gas and diesel, we may as well embrace the suck because the good old days of sub-$2 a gallon gas are gone, gone, gone.

I've started buying reloading components in lots of 1000 ormore when it comes to stuff like bullets and primers. Since I handload, I wouldn't go so far as to stockpile loaded ammo, but the components are worth it. It doesn't take a lot of space to store 10,000 bullets, so why not?

I figure if I don't use them, I can always sell what's left, I mean it's not like the market for .223 bullets is going to dry up. Or brass, there's almost always going to be a market for brass.

Powder is one where I'm not going to stock up too much because I like to play with different loads. If I know I'm going out prarie dog shooting, I sometimes will buy a bigger jug of one kind of powder because I'll use a good part of it just reloading the ammo that I shot. Beyond that I don't see any reason to keep a ton of powder around.

Grouse