HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trigger question
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
speyrjb
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trigger question

Why not take the gun to a gunsmith? You can get them to do a trigger job on your rifle and get exactly what you want and it doens't cost an arm and a leg. Plus you know that your gun will be safe when all is said and done.

I've yet to buy a rifle that didn't need trigger work, even adjustable triggers need work to function like I like them, simply because the sear and the notch need to be polished to take the creap out.

Doing a trigger job yourself is not a difficult thing to do provided you take your time and you are careful. I use a very smallfile and a polishing stone and Ifile a little polish put back together and dryfire...over and overuntil I get it like I want it to be. If you don't feel comfortable doing yourself then take it to a gun smith and when you get it back it will be the way you want it, or at least much much better than it was.

I don't reccomend putting moly or graphite on the sear. These parts need friction to operate safely and could cause problems. Just my opinion tho.