HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another broken jag in the bore...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Tahquamenon
Typical Buck

Default Another broken jag in the bore...

Well as 2007 comes to a close, I have yet another wonderful experience of breaking a cleaning jag off in the bore of a ML. This will be the fourth in my illustrious career of murphy's law and"chit" happpens.[:@]

This time it's a cleaning brush that is marooned at the breech of my .45 T/C Hawken barrel. Bummer, I was all excited about carrying the 37 year old kit T/C .45 this coming weekend. I knew the instant Igave the rod a little "twist" what was going to happen. Took next to nothing to break the little devil off. [>:]

The irony is that I asked Santa to please bring me new brushes for all my ML calibers this Christmas. According to Santa's little helper, she said that Ihad be pretty good this year and Santa has my wish list so I stood a good chance of getting what I asked for. I replace my brushes normally every year.

So, in this caseI will be sending the barrel back to T/C for them to remove the breech plug, retrieve the broken brush and reinstall the breech plug and return the barrel along with a new brush.

By the way, all of which save shipping will be covered under T/C's lifetime warranty as was a T/C brush that broke.

Tahquamenon