HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Click! (I need a new gun!!!)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 09:01 AM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Click! (I need a new gun!!!)

First off are you using #11 caps? if so the 209 systems offer some advantages unless you like a side lock.
To me all the money and time that I put into a hunt requires tools that I have complete confidence in, you proably would not believe how many muzzleloaders I have bought or built since 1962 and I shot them before that of all of them I like the new TC Triumph the best for quite a number of reasons. I had a CVA once too,some people like them mine was not reliable. I have an Omega and like it very much,as a rule they are an excellant choice the Triumph is really a much improved Omega [and that says a lot] but a sabot gun is an open system with out doing some thing about it you can get water in both ends of almost if not all of them. There are ways of dealing with that, #1 water can and will get past the sabot if given a chance but a finger cot over the end of the barrel will stop it. Even most of the closed actions leak water in if the circumstances are right, but the Omega and the Triump and likely a few of the others can be sealed by putting bees wax or candle wax over the outer back of the barrel where it meets the action. Lee