HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2008 Canadian Whitetails
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Bobby, congrats to your bud and his boy. You living fulltime in AB now?? Ah yes next year...hopefully it will be good one but with the looks of another hard winter, I must say I am worried about the deer herd here in Sask. Stories abound onhow bad it was this year. To the North already over 2 ft of snow []!

Shed,only 6x6 I have shot was an elk.... It is a dream of mine along the same line as a droptine stud or a 3rd beam. As far as score I personally think a 150 is a fine specimen of a whitetail and don't know to many sask "horn" hunters who lay off 160 class deer either. I being one of them, well unless I have a deer in my haunt that I sort of have a feel for (patterned not a ghost - here today gone forever buck) and I just have to get after him. A 180 is a big deal, it doesn't happen often. I am extremely happy/thankful that I was lucky enough to get an opportunity this year and made good on it. I certainly don't expect the same next year, though wouldn't be hunting unless I hoped and tried for a repeat.

Best of luck on your hunts remaining and please keep us posted.