HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Worst shot that came out Ok
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default Worst shot that came out Ok

This was inspired by the weirdest recovery thread.

Anyone whos been out there long enough has had a bad shot and sometimes we simply get lucky.

Here's mine from about two years ago...

It was late season about 30 degrees out with no snow. A doe came in about 9 AM walking straight at me. Since it was late season with precious little cover, I couldn't draw till she turned and as luck would have it, she stopped behind a tree. When she came out from behind, she turned staright at me again only to turn broadside again behind anither tree. She did this 6 times getting closer and closer but pausing each time behind a tree. Finally, when I couldn't hold any longer and was shaking all over she stepped out at 6 yards and looked up and locked onto me. I saw her eyes get wider and wider but she simply stood there. By this time, every muscle was screaming at me so I decide to let down knowing she would bust outta there instantly. With the pin betweeen here eyes, I began to let down but apparently my muscle control was completely gone and the arrow was gone.

My last view was the doe running away with the arrow sticking straight out in front of her nose. Bad news as I was hunting in suburbia. I did hear what sounded like a death crash though. She had gone into a bedding thicket so when my buddy showed up to get me , I sent him around in hopes that he might send her back past if she wasnt dead. After only a few minutes, he called on the radio and said "I found her...how many times did you shoot this thing?" I told him just once and he said she was full of holes.

It turns out that my arrow hit just at the nose, exited under her chin, re-entered at the throat patch, exited again out the side of her neck, re-entered in front of the shoulder and exited out the ribs behind the shoulder.

One arrow, one shot, six holes. She went about 55 yards