HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scout rifles..
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
jlbspd

Default RE: scout rifles..

I have always been bias for Ruger but this gun is no slouch. It is exceptional on quality in my opinion. The scope mounts with theRuger mounting sytem if your familair with it. A mounting system other companies wish they developed lol. It is very sturdy and in my opinion, able to take the abuse (with in reason). It can also have a picatinny rail (included) for mounting all the cool tactical style equipment /red dot scope stuff offered forAr15's etc etc. IncludesRuger 1" scope rings too! I will post some pics when i get home tonight. I useda Nikon pistol scope 2x20 EER.This gun requires something in the 9"++ relief for scope. Somecompanies offer "scout" scopes such as Burris and Leupold. They are really nothing but pistol scopes.... Most pistol scopes will have this eye relief. The more power the scope, the longer it takes to get it on targetfast. It also depends on the type of distance your lookingat. Me here inFlorida, my average shot will be 100 yrds so the 2x20 fixed power is perfect.Rather than going to the original Styer Scout at big $$$, this is a sweet gun! FASSSST on target, light and super handy....just what it was designed for. Remember this is a short barreled rifle at 16 1/2", its no 400 yrd weapon but from what ive been told, its a capable 250 yrd gundue totechnoligy and design. Ill post some detailed pics for you.